Parents who are interested in their child starting at our school are welcome to contact the Office who will be happy to arrange a visit, give a tour of the school and facilities available and answer any questions.
Procedures for admittance to the Nursery
Children can start in our Nursery the September after they are three years old. We have 39 children in the morning and 39 children in the afternoon. Each session is for three hours.
Parents are invited to place their child on the waiting list the January of the year they are due to start Nursery. The waiting list opens in January and closes in March each year. Parents complete a form which is obtained either from the School Office or downloaded below. The completed form is then returned to the School Office, where you will be asked to present documentary evidence confirming identity and proof of address.
The places are allocated once the waiting list has closed using the same criteria as for admittance to the main school i.e.
- Children who are in care of the Local Authority.
- Children who have a brother or sister at Village Infants or in William Ford at the date that child is due to start school.
- Children who live closest to the school, measured in kilometres in a straight line (as the crow flies).
Parents are informed during April if they have been allocated a place. Admission into our Nursery is not a guarantee of a place in Reception.
Procedures for admittance to Reception
Children are admitted to Reception in the academic year that they will be five years old.
The school applies the local Education Authority’s Admission Policy. The Local Education Authority has set procedures for allocating Reception places. Admission to Reception classes is entirely their responsibility. The Starting School Booklet is published by the borough and updated every year. A copy of this can be obtained from the link below.
Should there be more applicants than places available, then the Local Authority will apply the following criteria:-
1. Children who are in care of the Local Authority.
2. Children who have a brother or sister at Village Infants or in William Ford at the date that child is due to start school.
3. Children who live closest to Village Infants, measured in kilometres in a straight line (as the crow flies).
4. Parents wishing to appeal against decision should contact Appeals Department at the Town Hall.